Thursday, February 18, 2010

Other random recent projects

Let me start first by declaring that my next project MUST be to learn to use my new camera properly! I would love to take beautiful pictures like those I see in other blogs, but it certainly hasn't happened yet. I have the camera to do so, but definitely not the knowledge. And Spring needs to hurry and get here, so we can go outside!!!

Anyway...


When I bought my sewing/embroidery machine a month or two ago, the first thing I wanted to do was make something for Hudson, since it seems like I'm always making girly things for Holland. Since the machine came with Disney Pixar patterns, I decided on a Mike from Monsters Inc. scarf. How bad is it that I have a picture of the cat in it, but not the kid I made it for? But my big fat cat sits more still than my rambunctious 3 year old.




This next scarf was like the easiest thing ever. I cut squiggly shapes from an old t-shirt (should've used a newer shirt, but oh well), ruffled them by sewing with a long stitch, then sewed them onto the end of a Dollar Tree scarf. I intended to make it for myself, but a certain little diva woke up right as I was finishing it, and insisted that it was hers by grabbing it and trying to wear it. I've never gotten to wear it since...






One of my next embroidery projects was this dress that I put Holland's initial on. I'll leave out the shirt where I embroidered her name upside down...





This next project is one of those things that seemed like a cute idea, but I rushed through it and it's just kind of okay at best. It was supposed to be a kitty shaped taggy blanket thingy. Holland is definitely not impressed!




And since my poor Hudson is always left out, I will close with a few goofy pictures of him.





No comments:

Post a Comment