Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stocking Advent Calendar


I know I'm a little late in posting this, but....oh well. I made this calendar for Hudson (and Holland in future years), and he loved it. The "elves" put a treat in the stocking each night, and he counted how many days were left. The stockings are felt, sewn together with a zigzag stitch, with felt letters glued on. The hardest part was cutting out the letters freehand, but it was still easy. I then bought a piece of foamboard from Hobby Lobby and stapled on some Christmas fabric and 4 pieces of ribbon. Super simple! I was in a hurry to get it done in time, but for next year, I'd like to make a big Santa face out of felt and glue it on behind the ribbon, with a big white fabric bag at the bottom to look like Santa's beard. We would put the stocking in the bag each night, and Santa's face would be revealed when all the stockings are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment